Thursday, September 14, 2006

Septmeber 14th - Carlsberg Museum


DSC05148.JPG
Originally uploaded by cherubichomer.
Today, I checked out the famed Carlsberg Brewery in Osterbro. Not only is the old Carlsberg brewhouse a museum for Carlsberg and Tuborg beer but it also houses the Guinness Book of records largest collection of beer bottles. The museum was really similar to guinness except that this one gives TWO samples of beer with each paid museum pass. What a deal!!!!!!!

DSC05068.JPG
Originally uploaded by cherubichomer.
Afterwards, I climbed through the neighbourhood Frederiksberg. It contains a lot of things including a large park, the Copenhagen Zoo, and Frederiksberg Castle. Afterwards, I went to the biggest tourist trap of Copenhagen: Tivoli. Tivoli is a glorified Pacific National Exhibition. It has all the high prices and the weird rides but it has no real character as it is open for a very large duration of the year. I paid for my ticket in and right away I knew that I'd just givien away money. Tivoli wasn't very memorable. At the end of the day, I searched out "Dronning Louses Bro" bridge to see the Irma Chicken Neon sign. The chicken sign has been laying eggs on the edge of Peblingesoen River since 1936. Kinda disappointing that this has been the highlight of Copenhagen so far.

No comments: