Friday, September 29, 2006

September 29th - Paris Day Two


DSC07091.JPG
Originally uploaded by
cherubichomer.

DSC07112.JPG
Originally uploaded by
cherubichomer.



DSC07151.JPG
Originally uploaded by cherubichomer.
Woke up early to go to PereLachaise cemetary in east Paris. It is the more famous of the many cemetaries in Paris containing the graves of such people like: Jim Morrison, Chopin, and Oscar Wilde. This is a picture of Dwarf in front of Jim Morrison's grave. (I've been told that it's been redone and doesn't look like it used to.) Afterwards, I went out to Notre Dame Cathedral. I had wanted to go up the spire but it cost a pretty penny. Besides, there was a large line-up to go up. I left Notre Dame to go to Sainte Chapelle, which is suppose to be the best Cathedral in Paris but they have this weird queueing system that looked complicated and slow. I'll try to go back tomorrow. I headed out to the Pantheon after that.

DSC07180.JPG
Originally uploaded by cherubichomer.
I've been told that this is the place to go to get the best views of Paris. It's suppose to be even better than the view that you can get off the Eiffel. I don't really know about that but I can say that the Pantheon is probably my favorite site in Paris so far. I got there just in time to go on the tour which takes you up to the Cuppola and down into the necropolis. The necropolis contains the bodies of many important Parisians, including Voltaire and the Curies. I spent about three hours here. This place is super amazing.

No comments: