Saturday, September 16, 2006

September 16th - Berlin Day Two


DSC05353.JPG
Originally uploaded by
cherubichomer.

DSC05394.JPG
Originally uploaded by cherubichomer.
I decided to check out the stuff that wasn't on the tour yesterday. I walked Strasse des 17. Juni towards the Victory Column Siegessaule. Afterwards, I took the subway to Bhf. Zoologischer Garten where the famed bomed church Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedachtniskirche is found. This is where I had the best bratwurst ever. Amazing!!! Plus, the public toilet was to die for. All glass with an attendant handing out towels to dry your hands. I decided late that I wanted to check out Olympic Stadium. It's at the end of one of the subway lines and it took 40 minutes to get there. But it was worth the time and effort. Amazing building with a huge presence.

No comments: