Friday, November 18, 2005

Abbey vs. Ailwyn Football

It's been a long time since I played footie but the kids asked me to play in a friendly vs. the teachers at our rival school 'The Ailwyn'. Of course, I should have known better than to take them up on this. When I got there, I recognized the old familiar faces of the six or so teachers from my school. The head of year ten was there. So was the head of Languages and the Head Master of the school. We were looking a little old, I'd say. Then I looked at the Ailwyn team. All fit, all young, all PE teachers. They scored the first few goals before I even knew what was happening. Then they scored a couple of more even though I knew what was happening. I did some sliding tackles and some weird side-of-foot passes that went to players on the opposite team. I cut my knees up preety good sliding on the astroturf. After everything was said and done, the game ended 6-0. (I don't think we had 4 shots on net, so even if we had traded a big jug of Rabina for their goalie we wouldn't have beaten the Ailwyn 'cause we didn't have that many shots to begin with.) Oh well. It looked fun. I don't really remember with all the gasping for air.

No comments: