Monday, January 01, 2007

January 1 - 87th Annual Polar Bear Swim


DSC09823.JPG
Originally uploaded by
cherubichomer.
My New Years wasn't very eventful. I worked at the hospital and then went home. The hospital was surprisingly busy. It's usually not. I did get to break open one of the boxes of alcohol chocolates that I found in the filing cabinet but that's as close as I got to a conventional festive New Year's drink. Very unlike my last New Years, that's for sure.

DSC09793.JPG
Originally uploaded by cherubichomer.
Narv, Guy, and I took in the annual Polar Bear Swim. The 87th Annual at English Bay in Vancouver. This meet is one of the oldest of its kind in the world. Impressive, eh? Our intention was to go to the one in White Rock, actually. The 1st Annual Surrey Naturist Polar Bare Plunge at Crescent Rock but we kinda ran out of time to get out to White Rock. This nude event is the one that Guy and Narv really wanted to go to...I guess they really wanted to get that full body experience. (It looked like it was probably a good thing that we missed this as the news showed some clips of it and the water looked really rough and the turnout looked like it was 6 older white dudes.) We arrived at English Bay a little late due to parking issues but we still got to swim. The water was cold but it wasn't too unbearable. Fun times. I got a free button. Here's a picture of Dwarf at the 2007 Polar Bear Swim sign and another of me and Guy waiting our turn to enter the water. (I'm the guy on the left without any color. Guy is on the right giving the half moon to Narv.)

No comments: