Friday, July 21, 2006

july 21 - wayne birks


july 21 - wayne birks
Originally uploaded by cherubichomer.
Today was the last official day of school. We haven't had students in the classrooms since Tuesday as Mr. Birks sent all of the students home three days early so the teachers for the new school - Abbey College @ Ramsey - could pack up, move, and set up their classrooms for the coming academic year. Of course, this meant tons of lifting, which in the end almost killed me and probably many of the other teachers in the school.

The weather has been super the last three days. Unfortunately, 30-35 degree weather is not the weather you want for lifting. However, it is the weather that you want for tennis and football, which is what we've been doing after school.

The school gave a going away party for the members of staff not returning for the following year. I didn't actually expect to have to give a speech so mine was a little lacking. It didn't help that I was going through the red wine pretty quickly, too. I ended up giving all the members of my department a tee shirt. As well, I gave the headteacher of Ramsey Abbey School and the headteacher designate of Abbey College one of my shirts, too. This is Mr. Birks with the tee. Tomorrow is Ramsey Fair Day. It's suppose to celebrate Queen Elizabeth's 80th birthday. It's suppose to be huge. We'll see.

Planning for a trip with Norm through Eygpt. I have some apprehensions about going to North Africa but I guess there isn't any better time than now to go there. We'll that's before Blair and Bush piss them off and make it a no-go for Brits and North Americans.

No comments: