Saturday, July 01, 2006

July 1

Howdy all. It's July 1st - Dominion Day or Canada Day. I got back about an hour ago from getting my hair cut. First cut in 4 months. It's amazing what those women at Great Clips can do with a pair of scissors when they know you're holding a possible £2 tip. I asked for a David Beckham a la World Cup 2002. I got a Bruce Lee a la Enter the Dragon.

I'm inside right now because England lost their quarter final match against Portugal 3-1 in penalties about 90 minutes ago. I'm afraid that all the British have gone crazy and will beat me as they rampage through the town linching up anyone that might have a semblance of loyalty to the Portugese. Obviously, if I could get to the local Ladbrokes I'd be putting down a shiny penny on the fact there'll be some chaos in Germany as the English visitors leave the country.

I'm into the last three weeks of work and, though my last few months haven't been as exciting as Fiona's (check out her blog when you have time) I'm excited about all that's happening right now. All the teachables have been done so I'm teaching a CSI (crime scene investigation) forensic science section to wrap up the year. We're in the midst of doing finger printing now. Next, well do blood typing, physiological evidence - such as stride length and footprints, flame testing of unknown substances, and hair and fibres.

A week ago I got to play golf at St. Andrews. Unfortunately I've misplaced my score card but I shot 102 on a par 70. Not too bad since I haven't played golf in over 700 days. Dad and I played with two locals. They told me that the residents of the area only pay £110 per year to play any of the 6 or 7 St. Andrews courses year round. That's amazing considering we paid £140 for fees and clubs just to play one round on the Eden course. The golf course was okay. A links course so not a lot of trees, water or rough. However, the bunkers were 6 feet deep and smaller than a sirloin steak at the sizzler. Plus, the biggest RAF base is just around there and we got to see all the planes doing their practice. Amazing stuff.

No comments: