Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Tutor group/home room


Tutor group/home room
Originally uploaded by cherubichomer.
The Year 11s went home Friday for the remainder of the year. They are now only expected to come to school for revision and to write their final exams. I had a year 11 tutor group and this is our class picture. They all seem nice and presentable but don't let that fool you. Really, the only thing I had to do with them was take their registration in the morning and the afternoon. On Tuesdays I had to take them to assembly in the Hall where the big-wigs (like Headmaster, Head-of-year, or Deputy Head) would tell them things. The assemblies were really awkward for me because (a) as I had to do register quietly as the speaker spoke it was a constant reminder that I couldn't remember any of their names (in class, I just do a role call and if they don't answer positively or I can't hear them I'd mark them absent) and (b) they treated the students like kids in front of the Pope. Most times the students applaud the speaker and the lectures were invariably about morals and how bad their morals were. On Wednesdays I had to do a CAPP lesson with them. We called it Personal Development Education or Personal Safety Education (PDE or PSE) and most of mine turned into little competitions. Cool for some, not cool for some others. Whatever.

No comments: