Sunday, May 28, 2006

nigeria


nigeria
Originally uploaded by cherubichomer.
I am in the midst of my final half term week off. After the week, teachers have to go back to school but there won't be any students in as the year 11s, 12s and 13s are writing exams and the year 10s are away for two weeks of work study. The only thing I know that I have to do during these two weeks is to check in once a week with five of the year 10 students. Luckily, two of my students are at local golf courses (can you say a free round of golf?) and the other three are working on the High Street in Ramsey, which is only a five minute walk away from the school. After they get back, they only have 5 more weeks of school before the summer term ends.

ITN has offered me a job in Nigeria. The school there only has 129 students and I think I'd be the only science teacher there but they've included incentives, such as covering the cost of travel and accommodation, fully covering all medical, and providing me with a car and driver! However, it's Nigeria. I couldn't even find it on the African map when I first looked for it. And with only 129 students from preschool to year 11, I can only assume that the city - or village - will be much smaller than Ramsey. Here's the website address for the school's webpage:
www.ibadaninternationalschool.com
I think I'd rather wait it out for a school in Dubai.

No comments: