Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Ghost story

I went to the Angel for supper yesterday with Odette and Sarah. Everything was going well for the first few hours (had lasagna followed by bread and butter pudding . . . very english) until we got the bill. The waitress felt it was her duty to tell us about the ghosts that haunt the Abbey. The Abbey isn't the original abbey (1837 or so after the first two were taken down) but the graveyard, gates, and stables are original. The stables are where we're staying. And there are ghost!!!!!!! We thought we were, you know, above all this ghost stuff but our confidence got the better of us. Odette and I decided to go to the Church at 2000hrs to check out the bell toiling practice. (The bell guys practice ringing the bells Tuesdays beginning at 2000hrs and lasting until they feel they have it down. We were invited to come down and check it out and maybe even get a chance to ring the bells.) Unfortunately, when we got there the doors were locked. This freaked Odette out a little. I was okay until I suggested we check for another door. Just as I went to go down the right side of the church I noticed that the graeyard began right at the front right edge of the chuch. I was walking on dead people and the moon was so bright that the headstones were glowing this eeery white. (OHMYGAHD!!) We ran back to the stables. We got really freaked so we decided to stay at one flat for a while 'cause we all know that ghost only attack individuals and not groups. (Well, duhhhhh, eh?) Unfortunately, I had to go back to my flat sooner or later and I was totally scared of the idea of heading back alone!!!!! Ghost of the members of the Abbey are known to haunt the gates and the graveyard and I can see the graveyard from my window!!!! I'm seriously thinking of moving out. ed

No comments: