Wednesday, October 05, 2005

cheekydwarf


cheekydwarf
Originally uploaded by cherubichomer.
So, I've been here for about four weeks now and it's starting to grow on me a little bit. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Lori from the hospital came to stay with me last weekend and we did Cambridge and Ely but we probably didn't do as much as we should have considering I was still trying to get my lessons down for Monday. I've joined the gym here but I've only been once. The other teachers and I have figured that we can only go at 0630hrs because any other time of the day the students are crawling all over the joint. I've fallen behind in marking and the class websites however I hope to get them back up tonight. I'm trying to get out of town more often. Visited St. Ives and Cambridge and they are very nice places. They have early buses out and late buses back so I'm thinking about going to these sites every Saturday. We may have a car soon as one of the teachers here has a brand new skoda but neither she nor her partner have a driver's license. I may be driving on the left hand side of the road and passing lorries in no time at all. Fiona's with me now. She's moved in for a time until she can get a job in Cambridge. No problems yet nor are there any foreseeable ones anticipated. I signed up for NASN, a cable sports channel that only shows North American Sports. They actually show all the CFL games. I'm a little pissed, though, because it hasn't been installed yet and the hockey season starts tonight. Well, I'll have to make some more phone calls to them later today I guess. That's all for now. I'm booked for a pub crawl on Friday, Amsterdam next Friday and Sweden the Friday after that.

No comments: