Friday, February 23, 2007

February 23rd - Book Twelve: Fat Girl


fat_girl_moore
Originally uploaded by cherubichomer.
This book, by Judith Moore, is my book number 12 and it was an okay book, I guess. Ms. Moore wrote this book as a memoir of her being overweight. It's very touching at times but not the type of story that I normally read. I bought it at bookwarehouse for $5.99 because the dust cover contains a review by David Sedaris. It's insightful but sometimes over the top. I know that I'll probably never get to the situation where I'll be any more than empathetic to an overweight people's burden but the story seems a little too self pitying. My inability to relate left me less able to relate. Very well written, though, and the pages fly by. I'd give it a 2.5/5. (196 pages. Total for the year: 3030 pages)

No comments: