Monday, October 09, 2006

October 9th - Paris


DSC07566.JPG
Originally uploaded by
cherubichomer.
I was able to get another day in Paris. Unfortunately, it meant an overnight 8 hour bus ride. The bus was full and I had to sit next to one of those people that probably would have felt better in an over-boned wide seats. I wanted to get back to Paris because I didn't get to go to the Louvre my last visit. First, though, I went to Montmartre Cemetery found a couple of blocks west of Sacre Coeur. It has a few famous people buried there including A.M. Ampere (for which the electrical unit Ampere is named after) and Alexandre Dumas (the novelist). This is a picture of Dwarf at the Ampere grave.

DSC07588.JPG
Originally uploaded by cherubichomer.
It was after the graveyard that I got to the Louvre. I've been to the Louvre once before but I don't remember it having so much security as it did this time around. I spent about four hours there. I obviously saw the big stuff, like the Mona Lisa and The Winged Victory of Samothrace. This is a picture of Dwarf with Venus de Milo.

2 comments:

chumly said...

Lucky Dwarf!

specialedintheuk said...

Lucky? I guess. However, the task of being in all of these pictures is slowly taking off the paint on his nose . Every time I pull him out from the box he came in it rubs against his nose.