Sunday, January 08, 2006

Odette leaves.


DSC01070
Originally uploaded by cherubichomer.
So, it's been a long time since I posted on this blog. The school has determined that blogs are evil, full of half-truths and lurkers so they've banned blogs from the school. Now, I have to go to the internet cafe (yes, there is one in Ramsey...it opened a couple of months ago) if I want to blog. That means it'll be difficult for me to blog much in the coming weeks. Plus, they blocked flickr.com because it may contain offensive pictures. This school is just odd.

I've decided not to come back following the end of my contract in February. Instead, I'm going to take two months to finish up some travelling. I might come back after that for a few months, just because I've been told it's really easy teaching during these months but I'll have to think about it more. In February, I'm heading to Barcelona for five days before flying to Turin for the Olympics. Narv is going to join me in Turin and we're going to Milan, Brussels, Antwerp, Dublin, and London. After that, I'll have a couple of days to pack up the flat and get everything out before heading out for more travelling. Where? I don't know yet. I think I'll try to get to Germany - for the World Cup of Football and Russia sooner or later. As well, I want to get to Wimbledon but past these few things I'm not sure about anything. I'll have to figure something out in the next few days.

Odette left and I am the only remaining member of the group that came over at the start of the year to teach at Ramsey Abbey. It's very quiet and there's not a lot to do here. It's very isolated but all I have to do is think that in five weeks I'll be out and travelling again.

Hope's all is well.

No comments: