Saturday, July 28, 2007

July 28th - Simpsonized


simpsonized me
Originally uploaded by cherubichomer
A couple of days ago, while I was watching Fox Major League Baseball, they showed an ad for free Simpsonization. By submitting a closely cropped picture of someone's face to www.simpsonizeme.com (and, as I figure out later, www.simpsonizeme.co.uk) the little program will turn this person into a Simpson-esque character. It's a tie-in to the new Simpson's movie that opened today in North America. I took the .png's that you can save and added me (the guy on the left of Homer), Guy (the naked guy), and Sabrina and Narv (far right) onto a picture of gonch-Homer I found by "the Google". The program is impressively accurate. Below are the actual pictures I submitted and close-ups of the Simpsonizations the website kicked out. Unfortunately, there are a few bad thing about the site. One, it doesn't do kids well (my 20 month old niece comes out as a 30ish Chinese Pipi Longstocking double) and, due to high traffic, the site is hard to get on to and when you do get on, it's very, very excruciatingly slow.

No comments: