Wednesday, August 30, 2006

August 30th - Oxford

Today I had a McDonald's meal for the first time in 12 months. My bowels hate me now. They want the mixture of multiple cow meat and genetically modified potato powdered chip bits out asap. Grimace isn't purple because he's gay but because he's blocked up and can't poo. Well, I'm the oposite at the moment. Solids don't usually leave as liquids, do they?

I'm in Oxford right now. If I had to recommend Oxford or Cambridge to anyone that could only visit one of the two Universities I'd definitely tell them to visit Cambridge. Cambridge is much more impressive. Oxford is older...and Bill Clinton went to school here but it doesn't have as many impressive buildings and they certainly don't have as much cultural events happening compared to Cambridge. I've been here for the day and will spend the night in the local YHA. It's full of families and I hate hostels like this. The little kids are yelling because they're having fun, the older kids are yelling becuase they think it's cool, the adults are yelling because they can't believe that they brought their kids on their vacation...again.

Norm and I are finished our trek across Eastern Europe. I'll update everything in the next month. However, I'm still on the road and will be for the next few weeks. I'm trying to figure out a cheap ticket back to Vancouver but while I do that I'm going to visit another couple of European cities before I head home. I had Istanbul, Turkey in mind but that's certainly changed following what happened the last few days. I will still be going to Berlin and Denmark, though, so Corey's in luck about the tobacco chew.

The new school year is just around the corner. I don't envy any of you that have to go back Tuesday. Good luck
ed

No comments: